This savory sandwich is quick and easy to prepare. This recipe is perfect for the Back to School season – after school or for lunch, if you’re homeschooling.
- Sara Lee® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 tbsp. margarine squeeze butter
- 1 pound of Ground Beef
- 1 ounce of Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups of lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups of shredded cheese, Triple Cheddar or Mexican Blend
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until brown, then drain.
- Add taco seasoning to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Spread margarine butter on one side of Sara Lee® 100% Whole Wheat Bread, twice.
- Layer sandwich (buttered-side up) with beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat, cook sandwich (flipping once), until cheese is melted. Remove from pan. Slice and eat immediately.
- While ground beef is cooking, prep lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- To keep tomatoes from getting soggy, don’t press sandwich when cooking. Only flip once. Remove from pan when cheese is melted.