Back to school season is here and that means more weeknight meals at home. It can take a few weeks to ease into new school routines. However, ensure you have a dinner meal plan in place from the beginning. You will save yourself time and frustration. Though we homeschool, I still like to plan out each dinner. My goal is to always cook meals that are ready within 30-45 minutes. This jambalaya recipe checks off all the boxes – easy, quick, and nutritious. It features Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™, which you’ll notice has a new look, but it contains the same great taste and quality.
ADD TO CART NOW
After I meal plan all my dinners for the week, I head to my local Walmart and purchase all the items I need for the week. My kids love rice dishes, so I pickup several packets of Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice. Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ is real rice and super convenient for this busy homeschooling Mom. I love that this product helps me create easy meal solutions, ready in minutes. My jambalaya recipe features Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice and is on the table within 30 minutes.
There is no wrong or right way to prepare jambalaya. I simply cook mine the way that I grew up eating it and I’d encourage you to do the same. Don’t overcomplicate dinnertime! Tasty high-quality foods, like jambalaya, are the cornerstone of Louisiana culture. This dish invites my whole family around the table. Each family member enjoys this one-pot meal and I love cooking it.
Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ is easy to incorporate into my jambalaya because it only takes 90-seconds to prepare. It takes the hassle out of dinnertime, and allows me the ability to focus on preparing a tasty meal. Access to a good meal is something that I personally don’t take for granted. Not every family is as fortunate and Ben’s Original™ knows this too.
I was happy to learn that Ben’s Original™ has community outreach programs, to ensure underserved communities, have access to the nutritious meals we all deserve. For more information about the Seat at the Table Fund Scholarship, which creates equal opportunities for people, from underserved communities to pursue careers in the food industry checkout this link. It makes me happy to support companies that give back to others.Print
Easy Chicken Sausage, & Shrimp Jambalaya
This nutritious chicken, sausage, and shrimp jambalaya recipe is easy to cook for busy school nights. It’s packed with lots of protein, a ton of flavor, and features Ben’s Original™ ReadyRice™ Jasmine Rice – the star of the recipe. Get dinner on the table in 30 minutes with this jambalaya recipe!
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chicken Tenders
- 3/4 pound Peeled / Deveined Medium Shrimp
- 1 pound of Sausage
- (4) Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice
- 1 White Onion
- 3 bunches of Green Onion
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth
- 3 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Chop white onion and green onion. Chop chicken and sausage into bite-sized pieces. Ensure shrimp are peeled and deveined.
- Drizzle olive oil in large skillet or dutch oven, over medium heat.
- Brown onions 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add garlic until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- Brown sausage with onions and garlic.
- Add chicken to pan with onions, garlic, and browned sausage. Cook until no longer pink, approximately 6-8 minutes. 6. Season with 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Save remaining seasoning for later. 7. Add shrimp to pan and toss. 8. While shrimp cooks, per packet instructions, prepare four packets of Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice. Shrimp should be cooked within 3-5 minutes. They will turn pink when done. Add rice to pan once done. 9. Pour chicken broth into pan with rice mixture. Add remaining seasonings. Toss and simmer over low heat for approximately 5 minutes. Serve jambalaya hot with parsley garnish.
With some prep work, you can make nutritious, weeknight dinners at home. Think creatively of ways to incorporate convenience food items, like Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ in your meal plan. One-pot meals, like this Easy Chicken Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya, work for my busy schedule and likely yours too. I’d love to hear from you if you make this recipe. Happy back-to-school season!